Thursday, May 27, 2010

Link to the Weekend #5

I have tomorrow off, so figured I would try to get the Links to the Weekend up early for those unfortunate souls still in the office tomorrow. Also haven’t done this in a while, so have quite a few I can throw out here.

I am seriously freaked out by Furries, which in case you don’t know are folks who dress up like animals and yiff each other stupid. So far the creepiness of Furries has been unmatched. That is, until I saw this picture. The only thing worse then Furries are Furries dressed as Tauntauns, ruining Empire Strikes Back for me. I will now not be able to do anything but cry when I see Han shove Luke in a Tauntaun and say “I thought they smelled bad from the outside”.

Following the Lost season finale, I found this on io9 concerning how using plot devices based around fate/divine entities negatively effect a story line. Even if you don’t agree with all their points (I certainly don’t) it is never the less a good read. (Some minor spoilers)

Speaking of LOST – here is a quick look at how it SHOULD have ended (spoilers)

Texas is still dashing my hopes that someday we will be able to live in an enlightened society. This article did leave out an important part though, as it fails to details Texas’ plans to build an android and send him back in time to kill Susannah Darwin before she can give birth to her son, Charles.

I have a few lists that caught my eye this week. First being the only vegans that I think I could ever feel threatened by.

Secondly – some things everyone should keep in mind concerning the crazy-haired real-life mini-Lex Luthor

Whenever I see weird gross out foods it just makes me hungry. This list is little exception to that.

It’s the prospect of encountering and having to tolerate people like these that make me I’m glad out of high school. There were still those who dressed/acted like vampires, but it seems like the subculture is getting even more progressively annoying since it super-fused with emo culture. If I were still going to High School I probably would have been in a lot more fights.

And finally…hit him in his Origin of Species...I had totally forgotten about him, but I can see Dana Carvey is still a funny motherfucker.

And speaking of stuff from Funny or Die, if you haven’t check out the Drunk History videos, they are indeed epic. My favorite so far is the Don Cheadle/Zoey D-something/Will Farrel one talking about Fredrick Douglass. They're posted by Jeremy Konner.

Some of the choice SNL commercials from the 90’s – back when SNL was still funny

The tell-tale funk

No comments:

Post a Comment