Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Letters concerning the 'Game of Thrones' series

Dear HBO,

Fuck you.  Seriously.  Fuck you for not allowing Game of Thrones to be streamed ANYWHERE.  Don’t you realize this only limits your audience?  It is moves like this which will allow awesome networks like Showtime outpace you in the race to full-streaming TV (Which is the real future). 

I don’t have cable, and will not get it for only one or two shows.  What I WILL do is on some series I will actually pay a buck or two on Zune or iTunes to download episodes (Case in point – The Walking Dead).   

On principle I am now considering acquiring pirated copies of Game of Thrones instead of forking over ~$60 for a DVD series like I am prone to do as a foaming-at-the mouth nerd impulse buyer.  Have fun not having my money.

Sincerely,
Questionable-Methods


Dear George R.R. Martin,

I am sorry for the above letter.  I am sorry HBO is being a dick.  I have been listening to a Song of Ice & Fire on Audiobook and it is THE SHIT (which means its awesome in the slang of my generation).  I bought the ACTUAL book last year, but I have NOT been churning through my reading list like I used to. 

Sincerely,
Questionable-Methods

No comments:

Post a Comment