Friday, April 2, 2010

Link to the Weekend #4

Another attempt to alleviate the suffering of others in my normal saint-like fashion, by providing some stuff to kill the last dwindling hours of work with on Friday. I would like to suggest trying to rig a mirror to your monitor to keep watch for bosses or other authority figures. Alt+Tab lets you jump between windows quickly and without reaching for the mouse. Or you can take a screen capture of a bunch of windows of work stuff like I do, set it as your desktop wallpaper, and then Windows+D will jump right to the desktop. BAM! A wad of Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoints to provide real-world CCD for your lack motivation before the weekend.

As I currently have wood for the new Clash of the Titans movie, I got a big kick out of this.

Large Hadron Collidor April Fools – My favorite for this past 1Apr, I wonder if it occurred to the time traveler to take out the tracking tooth these use to warp him back?

Hooker Xing – This one needs no explanation. Though it does warrant an account of the mental image it evokes. Something of a drive at night and a hooker bolting out in front of your car. Her wide eyes reflecting light just like a deer’s. You try to swerve and get out of the way, but you hit her anyway. Adrenaline surges and you jump out of the car proclaiming “Oh my God! Oh my God! She just ran out in front of me!” as most people do when they feel guilty about road kill. No worries though, its not really killing: ‘cause they died inside a long time ago. I think this description is actually longer then the article its linked too. Huh.

Mocktopus – I just found his stuff yesterday, the comic at the top turned me on to it.

Two Lists from Wired.com caught my eye – One more sci-fi in general with the other just generic video game nerdage. Warning! The second contains some game spoilers for some and painful memories for others! List #1 List #2

Also from Wired – Some cool stuff on bats

As part of my job, I have to keep up on a lot of World News, here are a couple articles that caught my interest – Jihadi MTV & South Korean ship sunk

A look at the grim darkness of the far future for burritos…Mmmm…plasma-cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment